Thursday, April 9, 2015

Mariposa Teaser!

Here is the first teaser to the all new Mariposa sculpt cast up in a glow in the dark translucent resin.

What's the story behind the inspiration on this new project?

One day last summer I watched a friend of a friend see Fireflies for the first time at a park in my home town and she fell in love with them. They floated in the air like butterflies as they lit up and she looked like she was in Heaven as she ran around chasing them. Seeing that scene burned a image in my brain and it stayed in my head until I sat down finished the sculpture for the project many months later. The name Mariposa is the Spanish translation of Butterfly and I chose this name because I mixed the FireFly with a Butterfly for this concept.

Designed, sculpted, cast and molded by Eric Nocella Diaz (END).