Sunday, January 18, 2009

How we do it part # 2 - mold, cast and tool...


Once the wax sculpt of EL DIABLO is approved by Robbie Busch - I make silicone molds and pour a few resin castings and tool them up. A bit of wet and dry sanding is needed and a little Dremmel rotary tool work to grind off the extra resin on the feet pour spouts to give the casting that nice finished look. Once I get them all cleaned up Robbie comes over and gives them the once over and collect them. I have one more stage to show before wave one is handed off to Robby for paintmastering!
I'm glad Robbie came over and took all these pictures so we could eventually chronicle how these projects come to fruition. Maybe next time I'll take more pictures on a future project to show the process in much more detail. Paint prep next, then paint...